Why Work Here?
At Apple Industries, you will immediately assume an integral role in the development of the world-leading ‘Face Place’ brand of photo booths. Apple Industries is a key entertainment and technology player, with 8000+ photo booths autonomously creating and capturing memorable experiences around the globe. Our headquarters, located in Nassau County, NY, brings together an incredibly interdisciplinary team with experience ranging from software architecture and design to deploying scalable IOT systems, deploying effective microservice architectures, robotics engineering, graphic design, theme park attraction design, creative marketing, and much more. We are seeking a Software Engineer who will do what it takes to design and develop for today’s largest companies/brands in entertainment like Dave & Busters, Major League Baseball, Marvel, Disney, Warner Bros, Simon Malls, Chuck E. Cheese’s, and many more.
Apple Industries, a rapidly growing manufacturer of Face Place Photo Booths (www.faceplacephoto.com) is seeking an innovative Software Engineer who has a true passion for coding but is also as passionate about photo booth experiences as we are! We are seeking a highly dynamic multi-tasker to join our team as we revitalize the existing platform, positioning Apple Industries for continued rapid innovation and scalability. Our software engineers have the technical knowledge to do the job but are always eager to learn. They are willing to engage in open discussion, collaboration, and team-sourced innovation to effectively develop appropriate software solutions, supporting a dynamic and inventive product market.
What you’ll do in a snapshot:
- Be responsible for group code reviews and own your work from conception through
- Design, code, unit test, and debug various software products and systems.
- Identify areas for improvement; refactor and eliminate technical debt to build a
more robust platform for supporting Photo Booth technology using S.O.L.I.D.
- Contribute to the development, deployment, and maintenance protocols as well as
product manuals in conjunction with other departments.
- Collaborate with system architects, creative team, quality assurance, and
customer support to achieve project and product development goals.
- Participate in both software & hardware regression testing, and quality control
- Participate in product building through code load, logical configuration, and
What you need to be the right fit for our team:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or
a relevant field
- 3+ years’ software development experience
- Core competency in C#, XML, stateful application development
- Knowledge of Git SCM, Visual Studio IDE, Agile methodologies, and REST-
- You are a great communicator with strong analytical skills, allowing you to listen
to other viewpoints and select the best solution for the team.
- You have a passion for innovation, stay on top of tech trends, and you enjoy
solving unique, highly complex technical issues.
- You are flexible and adaptable, like working in a dynamic environment, and can
commit to delivering high quality application development including good
testing and clear documentation.
- You are comfortable working on a small team with 3-5 other engineers and are
willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done!
Job Type: Full-time; Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We are a small company with great benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, vision with a company contribution
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, sick/PTO, and holidays
- On-site or remote working opportunities