At Apple Industries, you will be a part of the energy and excitement that’s involved in supporting the ‘Face Place’ brand of photobooths and the ‘Print Budii’ brand of app-powered printing kiosks. Our headquarters, located in Nassau County, NY, brings together a multi-faceted team with experience in coin-operated amusements, technology, photography, art, and much more, making Apple Industries a leading entertainment and technology player.
We are seeking a Software Engineer who will do what it takes to partner with some of today’s largest companies/brands like Dave & Busters, Chuck E. Cheese’s, Major League Baseball, Simon Malls, Disney, Round One, Warner Bros, and many more. The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
What you will do in a snapshot
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Translate user behavior and research with the photo booths and Print Budii into actionable data.
- Create concepts, wireframes, and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences with photo booths and Print Budii
- Design and create mockups and user journeys for a range of devices including photo booth screens and Print Budii
- Strategically create new features and functionality based on user stories and behavior
- Collaborate with the Creative team to match visual design intent
- Create visual designs and web prototypes to support business concept development
- Test and support production-ready web prototypes, for both requirements and production development iterations
Will you be the perfect fit?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- You have 3-5 years’ experience in web development and/or UX design
- You have strong cross-platform design skills: must be able to craft functional, aesthetically commensurate interfaces on a variety of platforms, including mobile devices, web browsers, and desktop applications
- You have engineering experience using Node.js and PHP
- You have RESTful API consumption; basic JSON/XML data modeling experience
- You have basic project management skills to shepherd a design through multiple stages: storyboarding, sketch, mockup, prototype, implementation, review
- You may have experience with web frameworks: Laravel, Angular, React, Ionic
- You may have experience with design tools: Balsamiq, InVision, Visio, Photoshop/Gimp
- You may have General Unified Modeling Language (UML) design exposure