Why Work Here?
At Apple Industries, you will immediately assume an integral role in the development of the world- leading ‘Face Place’ brand of photo booths. Apple Industries is a key entertainment and technology player, with 8000+ photo booths autonomously creating and capturing memorable experiences around the globe. Our team, headquartered in Nassau County, NY, brings together an incredibly interdisciplinary team with experience ranging from software architecture and design to deploying scalable IOT systems, deploying effective microservice architectures, robotics engineering, graphic design, theme park attraction design, creative marketing, and much more. We are seeking a motivated engineer who will do what it takes to ensure we continue delivering the world’s highest performing photo booths to today’s largest companies/brands in entertainment like Dave & Busters, Major League Baseball, Marvel, Disney, Warner Bros, Simon Malls, Chuck E. Cheese’s, and many more.
Apple Industries, a rapidly growing manufacturer of Face Place Photo Booths (www.faceplacephoto.com) is seeking a results-oriented dynamic problem solver who strives for perfection yet enjoys working pragmatically and hitting aggressive deadlines. We are looking for a meticulous first principles thinker who is not afraid to ask questions and constantly learn. You will interface with our software, product development, manufacturing, creative design, and technical support teams to build and perform tests to ensure quality and performance. We are looking for someone who is eager to work smart, not hard. You will write scripts to automate testing whenever possible and will work closely with R&D engineers to build and integrate automated testing infrastructure. Your work will position Apple Industries for continued rapid innovation and scalable development and production. At the end of the day, everyone here shares the common goal of creating an extraordinary user experience and making people smile.
What you’ll do in a snapshot:
- Be responsible for end-to-end testing of existing and new photo booth products; this
includes designing tests for a variety of photo booth products and building tools, if
necessary, to execute those tests
- Build automated testing infrastructure in collaboration with R&D
- Record test processes and test results in an organized manner
- Communicate test results clearly and succinctly with engineers and product managers
- Constantly collaborate with R&D to test new software features and provide valuable feedback to engineers and product development
- Assist R&D in testing and deploying software upgrades to our online network of booths
- Assist R&D and technical support in root-cause analysis for escalated bugs
- Test new hardware peripherals and innovative technologies for new product development; for example, printers, cameras, lighting, audio/visual, interactive elements, 4D actuation, photo booth structural materials
- Make recommendations from findings on how to make a better product and user
experience; ideal candidate will take initiative here
What you need to be the right fit for our team:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information
Systems or a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ years of software development or experience within Information Technology field
- Experience with Windows
- Ability to read and write code in Python, Shell or scripting language of your choice
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to manage constant priority changes and
- A passion for innovation, stay on top of tech trends, and you enjoy solving unique, complex
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time; Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We are a small company with great benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, vision with a company contribution
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, sick/PTO, and holidays